The Dog Park (Feb 20th)

Posted by Sevren | Posted in | Posted on 10:48 PM

We went to the Dog Park today. It's a pretty neat place. Chubs had been here a few times before, and he stayed overnight a few times with the place that ran it, Petsafe Village. He said it's pretty cool. They got beds for dogs, and they paint the walls so it looks like a little room, and they even have cameras so your folks can watch you while they are away on a trip, just to check up on you. Chubs said he didn't say in one of those super duper fancy rooms, but he passed them on the way to his.

Anyway, we went to the park. It was nice and I got to run around without my leash on and play with the other dogs. There were lots of dogs there. Maybe four thousand or so. My folks said it was closer to twenty or thirty though. All I know it was a lot. They were running all over the place. Some where getting chased by their humans, others were chasing after their humans. I didn't know what was going on.

They had this little pond with a stream that ran into a giant pond. We mostly played in the little pond.



Lots of dogs jumped in but I watched from the edge and chased them around the water.

Sometimes I just chased other dogs and pretended that they were sheep. I guided these two back into the water because I made it their home. I don't know if sheep live in the water, but today, these did.




 See, here they are back in their home.



After I sent them home I went by the side of the pond and posed for my folks and let them know I am a good shepherd dog.


I think I pose pretty good.

There were all kinds of dogs there. Here's a picture of Tristan chatting it up with some bigger dogs. One of them was a Great Dane. He was probably the biggest dog there all day.



Here's the smallest. I think the little guy was probably too small to be here, but his folks wanted to show him what this place looked like I guess.



At the end of the day there was a little excitement. Mom and Dad and Tristan were all sitting at a bench chatting with a few other people they had met before at the dog food store. They had this little pug named Gimli that I had seen before too. Anyway, suddenly this big Akita comes up with a few other dogs and growls at Tristan and goes for him. There was this giant fight that Dad got into the middle of. All I saw was lots of teeth and lots of growls and barks. It was pretty crazy. I jumped in and snipped at the Akita's feet and helped my big brother out. That guy should know better than to mess with Chubs with me around. Everyone was okay in the end, though Mom and Dad were mad at the Akita and his humans.

Anyways, we went home after that. It had been a long day and I was a bit tired. There is only so many Sheep a german shepherd can take back to the pond in one day!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment