Post 4: Tasty Bits for Me! (Jan 24th)

Posted by Sevren | Posted in | Posted on 10:30 PM

I don't think I eat too fast. I do chew sometimes. Other times I think about chewing. And that gives me a goal to achieve later in life.

Apparently my folks think I eat too fast. I guess they happen to have something against inhaling your food and looking feral while doing so. Besides, I only cough and choke occasionally when eating dry kibble. And I really wasn't going to bite Tristan, I mean Chubs, when he got to close to my dinner bowl. Sometimes you have to put on a show to be taken seriously.

But I guess that just isn't good enough for Mom and Dad. They want me to slow down and be nice too. Next thing they will want is for me to wear a dog snuggy.

But, they decided to put my food in a pan instead of putting it in a bowl. It keeps me from grabbing lots of food in each bite and forgetting to chew it before the next bite. I think they are sneaky, but they are just looking out for me. I think they used to know I didn't get much food before and I had to fight to get what I could get and eat it down fast. I'm sure as time goes by I will start eating slower for my belly.



Anyway, my folks and went out to get me some tasty nibbles (aka good food). Since I was underweight, they made sure to get me something that wasn't full of junk (filler such as corn as a primary protein source), creature bits (animal by-products, any biodegradable waste not fit for human consumption, including feathers, claws and beaks, yuck!), no soy (gives me the bloat) and didn't do bad stuff to the animals they fed their foods to (cruel animal testing). After talking for a bit, my parents decided to get me both dry and wet doggie food from Innova by Natura. They said it would be good for me and help me grow big and strong.

Right now I get to eat 3 1/2 times a day. Once in the morning by Momma before work, Dad comes home at lunch to feed me, and then I get Dinner in the evening. The half is the tasty wet food. I get half a can of it as a treat each night to get some extra meat on my bones!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment